We decided to do something different for Halloween at Smiffys this year! Our team filmed some Halloween make up videos and we called this little project the ‘Smiffys Make Up Challenge’. We wanted to make these looks easy to re-create and each of them include only a few make up items that are easy to use. Anyone can join this challenge by tagging Smiffys or by using #SmiffysMakeUpChallenge in their Halloween make up posts on Instagram or Facebook. We’ll be sharing loads of pictures and videos on our social media!
Here is one of the looks that we created as part of our challenge. This Day of The Dead look is a great option for anyone who is looking for a quick and easy Halloween make up idea and it would look great with any of our Day of the Dead inspired costumes. Here are some behind the scenes pictures, a step by step guide and a video showing how to create this look.
For this look you’ll need:
- Day of the Dead Glamour Make Up Kit which includes: black, red and white paints, transfers, lashes, red jewels, a make up brush and sponges.
- Brown Fever Khloe wig. Any dark wig would look great!
- Red Day of the Dead headband.
Achieve this look in few easy steps:
- Apply white face paint all over your face using a sponge . Simply activate the face paint with water before applying.
- Cut out the transfers from the Day of the Dead Glamour Make-Up Kit.
- Using a sponge and water hold each piece of transfer in place and dab with a wet sponge. Wait a few seconds, then gently peel off the paper. Repeat this process with each piece of transfer.
- Use the black paint around your eyes and the red paint on your lips.
- Add the red jewels to your face.
- Finish the look with a Fever wig and a floral headband.
- For an extra finishing touch, apply the eyelashes.